Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a bit of "FRESS BREFF" (fresh breath)

Thoughout the day I notice something... wether it is somethin someone is wearing or a building or a mannerism... and I like it or I think it's refreshing... So I am creating my first offical CLASS of postings called "FRESS BREFF".


Just in case you were wondering why I spell it that way (laughs a little) it's because it's the way a F.O.B. would say it. LOL! ----> Juss a bid of fress breff in da mornin time... I'll blog about FOBS soon-or-later. :) I know the pacific islanders know what I'm talking about.


SO! The first bit of FRESS BREFF is *drum roll*:


BALBOA PARK


Tuesday, Juan, Marissa and I had made some delicious sandwiches and took them to the park for a picnic lunch. After enjoying our savory afternoon meal we strolled through the gardens and various buildings. Having been born and raised in southern California, the influence of the Spanish is in almost everything, I have only begun to appreciate the uniqueness of So-Cal. Balboa is indeed a part of the unique San Diego. The architecture is definitely Spanish revival but it's also such more that that. The scale alone of the moldings almost makes me feel optimistic, something close to the effect that Disneyland makes it's guests feel. The cartoon characters over-sized features like Goofey's shoes or Mickey's hands makes them less threatening, with that same type of effect the moldings and ornamentation make me feel comforted and protected. Weird, right?
Anyway, Balboa Park is my first shared piece of FRESS BREFF. If you live near it and haven't been... I suggest you go soon. If it just so happens that you are far far away, it's something I would put on a list of things and places to see before this life is done.
Breff it in...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger *ehu. said...

I loveLOVElove Balboa Park!! It's such a beautiful place to take pictures at. And when the weather is just right, BP is the place to be. I like eating my lunch there. Did you go to any free museums on Tuesday?

4/02/2009 3:13 AM  
Blogger samoano said...

We went to the ONLY one... Timken. I guess the fifth tuesday doesn't like being as giving as other tuesdays of the month. LOL!

4/02/2009 11:14 PM  
Blogger *ehu. said...

Honestly, the Timken blows! UGH! That totally bites. Well at least there's always the botanical garden that's free.

4/03/2009 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com