Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walking among giants


05.26.09 - No H8
Originally uploaded by It's Holly

Yesterday Juan and I walked through Balboa Park and met with his sister Mari and her fiance, Morgan, along with thousands of others who planned to march to San Diego's Hall of Justice in protest the decision of California's Supreme court to uphold Prop 8.

As an American I feel that the court made the right decision. What type of democracy would we have if a court of the land denied and threw out a proposition which was decided by a majority of the people? The justices did their duty and upheld the law... although its not something I agree with NOR feel is just...
For that reason I took to the streets of to protest! It was a great experience.

There were people of all backgrounds, races, religions(even MORMONS!) and they all have a story. Just thinking of my own story and how I came to grips with who I am ... I could hardly begin to imagine the countless stories, experiences, tragedies and trails those marching next to me, with me, could share. Walking down those streets hearing their cries for equality and knowing they were not afraid to stand up for their rights... helped me to realize

I WAS WALKING AMONG GIANTS

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger *ehu. said...

Ok, I think we should have some sort of cardinal rule:
If ever one of us is in the area or vicinity of the other, we should at least call or text to say "Hi".
Done.

5/27/2009 11:05 PM  
Blogger samoano said...

Ok... once I get a new phone, that rule is in FULL effect! DUDE! Now that I have a J.O.B. we should seriously plan to go and get some Pizza in little italy. I can actually plan to go out now. We'll do lunch! Yaya!

5/28/2009 6:01 PM  
Blogger *ehu. said...

YAAAAAAAAAY!! I get to see you again :) I like it!

But we should totally go out again sometime soon.

And in regard to your blog....I'm a lil surprised to read your reaction. I hope this isn't heartless, but I'm glad the courts ruled the way they did due to the majority vote.

5/30/2009 11:27 PM  
Blogger samoano said...

I feel the same Like I said... even though I didn't like the outcome... it's still what the majority of the pple voted for... or at least the votes said so. I think it would be little shady if the court threw out something the people seemed to vote in favor of.

I will see you soon! I need to join you at the gym! I am getting larger! AHHHH!!!

6/01/2009 10:32 PM  
Anonymous holly said...

omg! i love how you're using a picture from my flickr account before we ever "reconnected" at pride. lol awesome.

8/03/2009 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com