Tuesday, May 26, 2009

stay +

this MORNING California DECIDED TO UPHOLD prop 8!!!?

Although there are many people angry, I think we should stay positive! 18,000 couples are STILL married! As far as I am concerned... those are 18,000 victories!

Something that is bothering me is the HUGE finger-pointing towards the Mormon church. YES, they did support prop 8 BUT so did SO MANY OTHER religious groups... I am Mormon AND I'm gay... I'm sort of caught in between a rock and a hard place. I know church funds (tithing) was not used to support prop 8. That isn't what tithing is used for. It was private funding and donations from the members themselves were used to support Prop 8, which is perfectly fine. Aren't we ALL entitled to our opinion? It's what makes America, America!

Tonight there is a rally going on downtown and I am planning on going. I will post pics!
Positive thinking is the remedy that will cure over TIME.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Hey Samoano:

I've really enjoyed hearing how well you have been dealing with real-life issues involving your being gay and still identifying as an LDS member.

It can't be easy. (And, from what I have seen with other out friends, can't usually last very long. Most seem to be 'excommunicated' if they don't renounce being gay.)

I just want to pass on a link or two explaining just what was so horrific AND ironic about the Mormons (from out-of-state, no less!) trying to affect OUR civil rights struggle here in my beautiful California. (Personally, I say mind your own Utahn business to them....)

Here's one article from early on explaining JUST how devious the Mormons were in getting funding and blackmailing people to donate to the cause:
http://crooksandliars.com/julia-rosen/mormons-and-prop-8-lies-and-blackmail

And this one show just what percentage of funds were from Mormons from in and out-of-state, even though they make up only 1.9% of the population:
http://www.sacbee.com/politics/story/1308945.html

$22.8 million dollars and at least 40% of the funds came from Mormons!And this coming from a group of people who should know about discrimination -- not only because they have experienced it in the past, but because they have dealt it out, and recently, as well. (See for blacks until at least 1978.)

5/28/2009 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com