Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Braille-ient? (brilliant)?

So... have you ever pulled up to a drive through ATM and wondered why there is braille under the little signs? Right away I think to myself, "can a blind person drive"? Or when there are several dots scratched from the braille signs or when they're placed near a textured wall... are the signs misread... do they find hidden meanings randomly placed by chance and random circumstance? Just a little random thought. Think, about it! LOL!

Read the writing on the walls!

4 Comments:

Blogger *ehu. said...

CALL ME!!! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ASAP!! Call my cell!!

6/10/2009 1:24 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

YES!!! I have ALWAYS wondered why they have braille instructions on drive-thru ATMs. It is like... like... oh man, I have nothing.

No wait, it is like a feminine hygiene dispenser in the men's room. And the braille on walls... I always picture the blind person walking down the hallway, reading the random raised dots. Maybe they aren't random. Maybe it is blind humor. Like "keep going... you're almost there. Just a few more feet. A little bit farther... little bit..." and then there is a steep drop-off, and there is a little braille write near the floor where they fell, that says, "gotcha." I guess that wouldn't be blind humor. It would be making fun of the blind humor.

6/23/2009 3:48 PM  
Blogger samoano said...

Ok... I apologize. This blog did seem to be "making fun of the blind" humor. I just thought it was odd that there was braille in a drive-thru... s'all.

.::.' .:": .::. :. .':. .;:'.<--- Why would I do that?

6/29/2009 10:27 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh crap, I have no idea what you said... my braille translator got run over by a car. It was at one of those crosswalks where the chirpy thing tells you when to cross... and he crossed one chirp too late... :(

7/06/2009 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com