Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A California Ending

At the end of a LOOOONG day at school Hana and I decided it would be a sweet idea to grab a Slurpee at 7-11. I wasn't too excited about getting a cup full of frozen sugar so I thought it would be best to just get a water. When, to my surprise, there was a flavor that made me hear angels singing from on high... Crystal light! It was an orange flavored crystal light Slurpee!!! NO JOKE! Although there wasn't any sort of nutritional list for me to check how true the little assuring "sugar free", in the corner of the label, was... it was enough for me. I grabbed the smallest cup, not the huge "a family of ten couldn't finish me" cup. Even though if I did so choose to get the cup of 1,000 days it would only cost a few cents more. WHAT A DEAL? After a few seconds of mentally wrestling with my inner conflict... i grabbed the smaller cup before it was too late.
We decided to take our delicious treats down to the beach and sat on some rocks against the backyards of the multi-million dollar homes no one EVER seems to be in. Even though the sun was low the heat of the day still kept us nice and warm. The smell of the salty breeze and the dull roar of the waves mixed with the sounds of our voices as Hana and I caught up on gossip.

I took this picture! GO ME!!!

In moments like that I don't feel unemployed, I don't worry that I only have $10 in my wallet, all I have is exactly what I need... A warm breeze, surreal sunset, some great sugar free delights and a savory helping of gossip.


-California Livin'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com