Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Fatty

As I was on my way to work, yesterday morning, I got a call from Juan saying that my Mom was trying to get hold of me and to call her right away. So, right away I hung up the phone and dialed... My sister (We'll call her Queen) was making her way to the hospital because her water broke. Almost immediately after hanging up the phone I called my boss to let him know that I wasn't going to make it in to work today and I was on my way to Long Beach.

The rest of the day was a LONG waiting game. Queen didn't really go into labor the whole day, there was just the occasional contraction and lack of comfort but nothing like the agonizing screams and distress that you would expect to see, like in the movies. LOL!

We were a little disappointed when my youngest sister (Baby) couldn't be in the room because of precautions due to the Swine Flu. Anyone under the age of 16 is not permitted in the hospital. So, Baby and I spent much of the morning on some uncomfortable benches in the front lobby. We decided to go exploring and ended up all over Long Beach... Downtown, a mall, the Queen Mary... It was really a fun way to kill the time.

When we got back a few hours later the baby still hadn't come so we decided to head back home. Later the next morning Queen needed to have a c-section and the new baby was born at 1:30 am at 7lbs 12Oz's. I haven't seen her yet but can't wait to see her later today after work. PICTURES TO FOLLOW!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger *ehu. said...

I'm so stoked for you! I remember not being able to visit my first nephew when he was born.... I was only 9 years old and there were strict hospital rules. I remember how sad I was...poor Baby. At least she had a great older brother to show her the town :) I'm so stoked for you and your family! Congratulations!

11/10/2009 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com