Friday, July 22, 2011

My Undying Affection- Marcos

So... a good friend brought to my attention, via Facebook chat, that I hadn't updated this blog since the beginning of the year. Thanks Dean! So here is a quick run-down of the past 7 months.

Not too long after my last post I met Marcos. The way we met wasn't something you would read in a fairytale or hear in some bedtime story. No, our story begins with the ageless ritual of a Sunday fun day.


A popular dive-bar, I guess you could call it, is a place called The Hole. There you can find pitchers of anything you want for $9, hamburgers to die for and a patio full of post-prime gay men looking to waste the last day of the weekend in the San Diego sun. We love going there because of the hamburgers and pitchers.

After the dozens of times I have gone through the Sunday ritual at The Hole, this day would prove to be different. As we were standing in a crowded line waiting for our chance to order a pitcher full of the intoxicating tonic of our choosing, I noticed a cute Latino, in a Charger hat, darting quickly through the crowd with a tiny Asian girl at his side and thought to myself ‘he’s cute’. Thinking nothing of it, I brushed it off and proceeded to order my drink. Vodka tonic with two limes. ;) We found a little spot where one of my friends mentioned that he was going to meet someone… his name was Marcos. A few minutes later I saw the Charger hat again and noticed his coming towards us. Before I knew it he hugged my friend which was followed by an introduction… “This is Marcos”.

At first I wasn’t sure if he was there to see my friend, as a date kind of thing, so I acted as though I wasn’t very interested in him, when in fact, I was. As the night progressed we finally got around to talking and it was over from there. For the past 7 months we have been inseparable. I couldn’t have hoped to find someone who could complement me better.
In all aspects of our relationship, we complement one another. At times he can be a little dramatic and I’m there to calm things down. Partying is currently in the works of being my favorite past-time and he would rather spend time at home.


I am not trying to say that we never have any disagreements because WE DO… even been in a few heated arguments… but nothing seems to be able to stop our love from growing.

The future is something I look forward to, with excitement. Growing, learning and experiencing it all, with him.

Ya Habibi

(My Love)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger *ehu. said...

Can I get a pitcher of Shirley Temple? I mean, you did say, "anything you want".

7/22/2011 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

You've been marked on my visitor map! Click to zoom in.
You've been marked on my visitor map!

Get your own map at hit2map.com